The colourful and happy festival is here. It is time to let your hair down and enjoy to the fullest. But one must not neglect their skin and hair. On Holi 2018 make sure that the colours cause minimum damage. Now it's time to focus on skincare and haircare tips. Here are the pre-holi and post-holi tips to prepare your skin and hair for Holi.
Pre-Holi Skin Care Tips:
- First apply the sunscreen, wait for a few minutes and then apply a moisturizer.
- You can use Vaseline or lipbalm to keep your lips moisturized
- Apply nail colours to protect the nails from absorbing Holi colours by applying transparent nail varnish on the nails.
Post-Holi Skin Care Tips:
- Avoid using soaps or face wash to remove holi colours from your face. They are alkaline in nature.
- Use cotton, olive oil and be gentle while removing the colours.
- Dilute the lemon juice and apply over the body to remove the colours.
Pre-Holi Hair Care Tips
- Apply a good coconut based hair oil over the length of your hair as well as massage your scalp thoroughly. You can use any other hair oil of your choice like jojoba and castor oil mixed together work well too.
- Add few drops of lemon to the oil if you have dandruff in your hair before applying oil. This help in keeping the toxins from the colors from damaging your hair.
Post-Holi Hair Care Tips
- Use mild natural cleansing shampoos or baby shampoos as they are gentle and free of chemicals. Don’t try to massage shampoo harshly to take off the colour in one go. It may take few days to take it out completely. Use Cold water to get rid off holi colours from your hair.
- Allow let your hair dry naturally instead of using a dryer.